Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Extreme weather and FSH Muscular Dystrophy

Ah,  Canada. The country that I adore. You sure know how to do extreme weather!

I am lucky enough to live on the west coast of Canada,  the most spectacular place on earth. But I am spending the week in Ontario where it seems Mother Nature has spent a little extra time

It's freezing.

I arrived to - 5 and it's dropped to - 40. So pretty darn cold.

I find extreme temperature does not bode well with my FSH.. Or maybe I am spoiled with the mild temperature of the west coast. But,  being here has stiffened my muscles. And, has made me fear every step in the icy and snowy sidewalks. But I keep going, like another mountain to climb. Another challenge to conquer!

I have also discovered walkers don't do well either. The wheel slip in the ice like on a skating rink. I don't know how others do it.  I applaud you. Talk about an extreme sport!

Congrats to all those with a disability who weather all storms,  including real ones. You are champions.

2 comments:

  1. The cold weather is horrible on my body! I live near Buffalo NY. Husband and I are working on moving to a More agreeable climate

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold weather is horrible on my body! I live near Buffalo NY. Husband and I are working on moving to a More agreeable climate

    ReplyDelete